The Heart of Project Management
FAI PANEL RESOURCES
Panelist contact info
Holistic Artist Career Consulting & Acoustic Music Radio Promotion
View or download Kari's brochure
Singer-songwriter & Founder of Home Street Music non-profit
Erin Ivey Rogers
Singer-songwriter & Integrative Project Advisor (PMP)
Learn more at projects.erinivey.com
Tools and recommendations
Defining your project:
View or download the DIBS Doc template, a visioning document with questions to draw out the Direction, Intention, Boundaries, and Spirit you desire for your project (from Erin’s practice).
- MS Excel or online tools like ClickUp can make simple timelines
- Gantt chart timelines are bar charts showing dependency relationships between activities, which is necessary to identify the Critical Path (shows the exact activities affecting the delivery date, so you don't waste money, energy, and goodwill rushing the wrong things)
- Morning Pages (from Julia Cameron’s book The Artist’s Way)
- Dream journaling and interpretation (from Jungian analysis)
- Inner-child dialoguing (from Internal Family Systems model)
- Feldenkrais Method of neuro-physical education, re-sets the nervous system
- Timer (so many ways to use this simple tool! Set it to focus time on a specific task or control time spent on distractions, a reminder to take regular breaks, etc.)
- Body doubling (a productivity strategy in which another person works alongside you as you complete a task you might otherwise find challenging)
- Time blocking for deep work vs. shallow work (from Cal Newport’s book & podcast Deep Work)
- Menstrual cycle tracking and forecasting (to work with the changing qualities of energy throughout your cycle) Here's a good infographic.
Thank you for attending our panel. We wish you all the best!